Monday, December 10, 2012

Modify Child Custody in Las Vegas

Perhaps you have a child custody court order in place that no longer works for your situation. The good news is you may be able to modify the child custody court order, however you will have to either get the consent of the other parent, or have a substantial change in circumstances such that a change of custody is in the child's best interests.

The following are examples of changes in custody:

     --  joint physical custody to primary physical custody
     --  primary physical custody to joint physical custody
     --  sole legal custody to joint legal custody
     --  joint legal custody to sole legal custody

Click for more about classifications of child custody.

When seeking modification of custody, it is important to consult with or retain a family law attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment